While this year has presented its fair share of highs and lows, there’s been some interesting things to note when it comes to kitchen layouts. Back in January before Covid 19 changed the world, Houzz published its annual survey of design trends for 2020. They fielded 2598 American homeowners about their recent or planned kitchen renovation projects as the coming year loomed.
This is what they found.
- Islands are a prominent feature in a renovated kitchen, with one in two homeowners opting to add a new island or upgrade an existing one.
- Financial investment in kitchen renovations continues to grow.
- Farmhouse style renovations are declining in popularity and full wall backsplashes are becoming increasingly popular.
- Blue in kitchen walls is an emerging trend, appearing in 7% of upgraded kitchens (up from 5% last year).
- Hardwood returned to the No. 1 spot in flooring materials (29%), while vinyl/resilient flooring took the No. 3 spot (14%).
- After rapid gains in market share from 2016 to 2018, engineered quartz continued its rise in countertop materials but at a slower rate (to 51% versus 48% a year ago).
Read the full report here.
Thoughts? Ideas? Visit us in our showroom and design centre, contact us, or Request a Quote on your granite, marble, or quartz stone project.